Don't fear the rope. This fighter favorite scorches calories and blasts your calves, forearms and shoulders.
Melting away bodyfat at record rates, the jump rope helps you build those stubborn calves while also putting a hurting on several other muscle groups. "Yes, the main muscles that you're working are your calves, but you activate a lot more muscle than you may think," says Brian Peeler, NASM-CPT and trainer on Bravo's hit reality show Workout. "But you're also using your shoulders—particularly your rear delts—as well as your abs, quads, hamstrings. Pretty much every muscle is firing when doing this exercise to keep your body stable."
How It's Work
Consider that jumping rope at a moderate pace will burn approximately 16 calories per minute for a 200-pound man. Work that into 10 three-minute rounds and you're looking at 480 calories during your session.
- Specially designed for cross training to produce competitive advantages in speed, quickness, agility and anaerobic conditioning.
- This rope is perfect for mastering those intricate arm and leg cross-over skills you always wanted to perform.
- With the new ABEC-3 bearing for 360-degree twist free action.
- UK's best seller and coaches love it! For the past decade this freestyle rope has been the choice among the top competitive athletes in the sport of jump rope.
- These competitions jump ropes are perfect for mastering those intricate arm and leg cross-over skills you always wanted to perform.
- Made for both adults and children who seek the fitness and/or competitive edge.
- Rope Length 9 Feet